• For hand-feeding psittacine chicks from hatching to 1-3 weeks of age..
• For young birds needing an easily assimilated source of nutrients..
• Smooth texture for acceptability by birds until they are eating on their own.
• A nutritional handfeeding diet for growth from hatching to fledging of passerines such as swifts, swallows, the large-sized flycatchers and warblers, shrikes, chickadees, titmice, larks, woodpeckers, jays, mockingbirds, robins, grosbeaks, song sparrows, towhees, goldfinches, finches and more.
Caution: The correct feeding technique must be used in order to prevent injury to the bird or inhalation of the formula that could result in pneumonia and death.
• Step 1: Gently feel the crop to determine that it is almost empty before feeding.
• Step 2: Mix fresh: 1 part dry formula to 1-3 parts bottled “drinking water” heated to approximately 103°F (39°C). Do not microwave. Adjust consistency if necessary.
• Step 3: Feeding with an irrigation syringe is probably the most universally successful technique.
• Step 4: Feed the bird until the crop is full but not overstuffed and clean the excess formula from the bird’s beak, feathers and enclosure.
• Step 5: Small species older than 21 days and large species older than 7 days should be fed Juvenile Hand-feeding Formula.™
MYSAFEBIRDSTORE.COM | 612 Tyler Street | Burlington, NJ 08016
© Copyright MY SAFE BIRD STORE. All Rights Reserved.