JUVENILE HAND-FEEDING FORMULA
A Certified Organic Complete Balanced Hand-Feeding Formula for Parrot Chicks
• For hand-feeding psittacine chicks until weaning.
• To follow the feeding of Neonate Formula for selected parrots (see below).
• For birds recovering from illness or injuries and birds losing weight during a diet conversion.
• From day 1 for pionus, African greys, Amazons, cockatoos, conures and macaws.
• From day 7 for other parrots.
• From day 21 for cockatiels (see Neonate Formula prior to day 21).
Caution: The correct feeding technique must be used in order to prevent injury to the bird or inhalation of the formula that could result in pneumonia and death.
• Step 1: Gently feel the crop to determine that it is almost empty before feeding.
• Step 2: Mix fresh: 1 part dry formula to 1-3 parts bottled “drinking water” heated to approximately 103°F (39°C). Do not microwave. Adjust consistency if necessary.
• Step 3: Feeding with an irrigation syringe is probably the most universally successful technique.
• Step 4: Feed the bird until the crop is full but not overstuffed and clean the excess formula from the bird’s beak, feathers and enclosure.
• Step 5: Small species older than 21 days and large species older than 7 days should be fed Juvenile Hand-feeding Formula.™
MYSAFEBIRDSTORE.COM | 612 Tyler Street | Burlington, NJ 08016
© Copyright MY SAFE BIRD STORE. All Rights Reserved.